Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by xiao yang <ya...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/06 12:32:42 UTC

How to pause a job?

Hi, all

I'm running a job on a 10-nodes cluster.
Now I want to add another node.
I have to reconfigure the dfs, and restart it, but I don't want to
stop the running job. It run for 1 week already.
What should I do? Is there a way to pause a job, and resume it after
dfs restart.

Thanks!
Xiao

Re: How to pause a job?

Posted by xiao yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply. The job finally failed. It seems that I should make
sure the job won't take too long next time.

Re: How to pause a job?