Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/10 17:38:56 UTC

T5: ComponentEventDispatcher and ActionResponseGenerator

Which is the actual intend for ComponentEventDispatcher to 'forward'
and ActionResponseGenerator received as a return object from and event
listener method?

BTW i find this useful (for example) for serving custom dynamic binary
content so I'm guessing if the 'MIMEByteStream' which Howard talked
about in a previous post could just be some sort of wrapper for this.
I mean use it for specifying some typical mime encoding while letting
the user specify a custom one (if needed) and wrap the InputStream
from where reading bytes chunk.

It's very exiting reading T5 code, really a great improvement over T4,
said with no offense for T4 code base.

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: T5: ComponentEventDispatcher and ActionResponseGenerator

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, having StrategyRegistry (which is effectively an implementation
of double dispatch) combined with configurations to define the
contents of the registry is quite potent.

On 2/15/07, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/11/07, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you're interested i got some work on this and I'm willing to show you.
> > Haven't sent it immediately cause i imagine you've already got a lot
> > stuff to look and to work on so... anyway my piece of code is simple
> > and short ;)
>
> Since r507781 this is no more needed, thanks Howard.
> What is really nice to me is that all it takes to make this possible
> was to add a parameter to two methods and a wrapper class.
>
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: T5: ComponentEventDispatcher and ActionResponseGenerator

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 2/10/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The ActionResponseGenerator is effectively responsible for sending
> some form of response to the client after processing a component event
> (an "action" request).
>
> Beneath the covers is a StrategyRegistry for converting a method
> return value into an ARG.

I see the configuration being added into the contribution method...

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The ActionResponseGenerator is effectively responsible for sending
some form of response to the client after processing a component event
(an "action" request).

Beneath the covers is a StrategyRegistry for converting a method
return value into an ARG.

The main ARG implementation sends a client-redirect response, with a render URL.

Once implemented, there will be ARG implementations mapped to certain
return types that will directly send the bytestream to the client.

But I've been spending my time on the new and glorious Grid component.

I'm glad you're liking the code, I'm quite proud of most of it.