Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Mete Kural <me...@touchtonecorp.com> on 2003/12/17 19:40:06 UTC

Struts 2.0 as a Portlet framework

Hi All,

A huge Struts 2.0 discussion on the struts-dev list has started. Everybody is putting in their ideas of how Struts 2.0 ought to be like. I encourage all Portal/Portlet developers to participate in that discussion in struts-dev and provide their insight on how Struts 2.0 could become a good portlet framework.

Sorry for the cross-posting. I thought it was substantial news that portal/portlet developers may be interested in.

Thanks,
Mete

Tomcat/Jasper error

Posted by Fabien Guibert <FG...@progi-ouest.fr>.
Hi all

I'm running jetspeed 1.4b4 with tomcat 4 on a redhat 9 server and i get
the follwingg error 500 when i launch jetspeed. Anyone have an id ?
I found a old post about that on the mailinglist but no precise answer to
this pb...
I've tried to put Jar files from a debian version (which works well) in
the tomcat/lib directory and also from a windows version of tomcat, but
it's the same
Any help greatly appreciated, thx a lot in advance :

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: ServiceBroker: unknown service
PoolService requested
                 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)
                 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
                 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

Re: Struts 2.0 as a Portlet framework

Posted by "Frans Thamura, Intercitra" <ja...@intercitra.com>.
will you support WebWork :)

or any opensymphony.com project tools,

Mete Kural wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>A huge Struts 2.0 discussion on the struts-dev list has started. Everybody is putting in their ideas of how Struts 2.0 ought to be like. I encourage all Portal/Portlet developers to participate in that discussion in struts-dev and provide their insight on how Struts 2.0 could become a good portlet framework.
>
>Sorry for the cross-posting. I thought it was substantial news that portal/portlet developers may be interested in.
>
>Thanks,
>Mete

Frans Thamura <fr...@intercitra.com>
Chief Technology Officer
Intercitra Innovation Center
We help you manage and control
http://www.intercitra.com

HP: +62 - 855 - 7888 - 699
Address:
Cempaka Putih Tengah II Blok C No. 21
Jakarta Utara - Indonesia

Telp: +62 21 4260933

Welcome to Emotional Transformation Century.

----------  www.jug.or.id -----------
-------------------------------------
Bergabunglah dengan 3 juta Programmer Java diseluruh dunia dengan
berbergabung ke JUG Indonesia.

Untuk subscribe email aja ke jug-indonesia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
atau kunjungi http://www.jug.or.id

Re: Struts 2.0 as a Portlet framework

Posted by BaTien Duong <ba...@dbgroups.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

>"David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote in message
>

>>On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 10:40  AM, Mete Kural wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>A huge Struts 2.0 discussion on the struts-dev list has started.
>>>Everybody is putting in their ideas of how Struts 2.0 ought to be
>>>like. I encourage all Portal/Portlet developers to participate in that
>>>discussion in struts-dev and provide their insight on how Struts 2.0
>>>could become a good portlet framework.
>>>
>>>Sorry for the cross-posting. I thought it was substantial news that
>>>portal/portlet developers may be interested in.
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Mete
>>>

>>Here is a white proposal of Struts 2.0
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-struts/contrib/
>>struts-jericho/README.txt?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.5
>>
>>Seems like the Struts team is also moving to a new '2.0' code base
>>
>>In particular note the 'under consideration' section. Service
>>frameworks:
>>
>>* Services framework. Utilize Spring IoC, HiveMind, Avalon, orPico, et
>>cetera, to configure services.
>>

>Sorry if this is a dumb question (quite likely - I haven't had time to look
>more than superficially), but should Cornerstone be in this list of
>potential candidates?
>
>--
>Martin Cooper

I certainly think Cornerstone (or parts of its features) is a potential
candidate. Cornerstone has not been widely exposed as others, but it
already has its IoC and JMX.

BaTien
DBGROUPS

Posted by Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

>"Jun Yang" <ju...@cisco.com> wrote in message
>

>>Martin Cooper wrote:
>>

>>>"David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote in message

>>>Sorry if this is a dumb question (quite likely - I haven't had time to
>>>

>look
>

>>>more than superficially), but should Cornerstone be in this list of
>>>potential candidates?
>>>

>>I think it's a great idea for Jetspeed Cornerstone to get on that list
>>(you guessed so we wouldn't miss a chance for self promotion :)).  Now
>>how can we do this?  Get on their developer's list and make a
>>suggestion?  Any Struts committters in sight close to Jetspeed?
>>

>I am a Struts committer. Cornerstone is now on that list. ;-)

Thanks, Martin!  Let me know when it comes the time to support that!

Jun

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jun Yang <ju...@cisco.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Thursday, December 18, 2003, at 09:35  AM, Martin Cooper wrote:
<snip>
Here is a white proposal of Struts 2.0

>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-struts/contrib/
>> struts-jericho/README.txt?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.5
>>
>> Seems like the Struts team is also moving to a new '2.0' code base
>>
>> In particular note the 'under consideration' section. Service
>> frameworks:
>>
>> * Services framework. Utilize Spring IoC, HiveMind, Avalon, orPico, et
>> cetera, to configure services.
>
> Sorry if this is a dumb question (quite likely - I haven't had time to
> look
> more than superficially), but should Cornerstone be in this list of
> potential candidates?

Yes of course, sorry for the misunderstanding.
  The list above was pasted from the Struts 2.0 proposal, it was not my
list.
I have joined struts-dev.

Martin, do you know if Struts is also moving towards a top level
project?
In my initial proposal, I failed to consider Struts involvement in
portals.apache.org.
After reading their proposal, I see that Struts 2 is also considering
portlet support more formally.

Re: Struts 2.0 as a Portlet framework

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.