Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael O'Shea <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/14 00:34:47 UTC

What branch in github is the stable build ?

Hi People,

I'm trying to build some contrib sub projects, the Snowball Analyzer in
particular. I'm using VS 2012.

I'm looking for what could be considered "stable". Assuming that branch_4x
is your bleeding edge, I'm looking toward Master in the hope that it is
your stable release. I didn't see any documentation about what could be
considered Stable.

I'd need a nudge in the right direction.

This is what I've investigated so far.

Just to be sure, I've also been experimenting with the 3.0.3 branch.

So far, although build.cmd in branch 3.0.3 ends with an error after 35
minutes of build, it seems to build most DLLs that I'm interested in (the
Lucene.Net core stuff and the Lucene.Net.Contrib.Snowball.dll). I yet have
to see if I can build my own project using the DLLs produced by this build.

That's great but I'm wondering about Master. The solution Lucene.Net.sln
builds OK but it does not generate any of the contrib sub projects.

Not a problem, I added the desired Contrib.Snowball.csproj file to the
build and added any missing dependencies (other csproj files belonging to
various modules) but with no joy so far: I have ended up with compilation
errors in src\Lucene.Net.Core\Analysis\Standard that I haven't managed to
resolve.

Before I went much further, I figured I should check with the community.

I do hope that I haven't again missed some obvious instructions posted
somewhere on either of the sites available (apache's, github's, other).

Could someone please help me get a build to work ?

Regards,

Michael O'Shea