Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/01/08 11:41:13 UTC

Streaming [was: Towards Jena 2.10.0]

>>> 3/ Steaming support (partial)
>>>
>>> Stephen - is there anything we should be aiming for in this release to
>>> move things along?
>
> Streaming works except for the out of order lists and blank node
> shortcuts.  Unfortunately this is related pretty intricately with the
> streaming design, so I don't think I can break out much to be
> committed separate.  I need to fix this, then I think I can merge back
> the branch.
>
> Part of the issue here is I don't really know what the right solution
> is.  I can theoretically imagine how it can be done by looking ahead,
> or with a stack, but translating that into JavaCC is where I'm getting
> hung up.  But also it's that I haven't had much time recently to work
> on it.

Stephen - I quite understand about time and lack of.  I'll try to take a
look at the parser in the branches/streaming-update and update it for
2.10.0-SNAPSHOT but I'm work-projected-out ATM.  I don't think the
syntax fundamentally is at odds with ordered output; it "just" be a
matter of poking javacc hard enough.

	Andy

Re: Streaming [was: Towards Jena 2.10.0]

Posted by Stephen Allen <sa...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Streaming works except for the out of order lists and blank node
>>> shortcuts.  Unfortunately this is related pretty intricately with the
>>> streaming design, so I don't think I can break out much to be
>>> committed separate.  I need to fix this, then I think I can merge back
>>> the branch.
>>>
>>> Part of the issue here is I don't really know what the right solution
>>> is.  I can theoretically imagine how it can be done by looking ahead,
>>> or with a stack, but translating that into JavaCC is where I'm getting
>>> hung up.  But also it's that I haven't had much time recently to work
>>> on it.
>>

>> Stephen - I quite understand about time and lack of.  I'll try to take a
>> look at the parser in the branches/streaming-update and update it for
>> 2.10.0-SNAPSHOT but I'm work-projected-out ATM.  I don't think the
>> syntax fundamentally is at odds with ordered output; it "just" be a
>> matter of poking javacc hard enough.
>>
>>      Andy
>

> Integration with 2.10.0 trunk done - I used Eclipse to integrate just ARQ,
> then checked out the whole branch and merged from trunk into the branch.
> Only one merge conflict (UpdateWriter) which I think was something left over
> from the partial merge from the patch.  Hard to check but one test failure
> (jena-arq/testing/ARQ/Serialization/syntax-forms-01.rq) which is to be
> expected as it is ()/[] dependent.

Great, thanks for doing that.  That is indeed the test that fails
because of the mixed up parsing of () and [].

-Stephen

Re: Streaming [was: Towards Jena 2.10.0]

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.