Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nelson, Scott (MAN - Corporate)" <Sc...@cox.com> on 2003/09/18 17:24:38 UTC

Multiproject Question

When using the multiproject plugin.  Is it a requirement that all of your
subprojects are underneath the main project?  I have a flattened directory
structure and would like to use the multiproject plugin cause each of my
three subproject all rely on one another.

I have a directory structure that has all of my projects at the same level.
Can I still use the multiproject plugin?

|-ProjectMain
|-ProjectA
|-ProjectB
|-ProjectC

Assuming I can get the multiproject plugin to work for my projects, do I
need to specify the dependencies between projectA, projectB, and projectC in
the project.xml file as a SNAPSHOT dependency or not?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

Re: Multiproject Question

Posted by Dominik Dahlem <Do...@cs.tcd.ie>.
See inline.

Cheers,
Dominik

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 16:24, Nelson, Scott (MAN - Corporate) wrote:
> When using the multiproject plugin.  Is it a requirement that all of your
> subprojects are underneath the main project?

[Dominik] : No.

> I have a flattened directory
> structure and would like to use the multiproject plugin cause each of my
> three subproject all rely on one another.
>
> I have a directory structure that has all of my projects at the same level.
> Can I still use the multiproject plugin?

[Dominik] : Yes

> |-ProjectMain
> |-ProjectA
> |-ProjectB
> |-ProjectC
>

> Assuming I can get the multiproject plugin to work for my projects, do I
> need to specify the dependencies between projectA, projectB, and projectC in
> the project.xml file as a SNAPSHOT dependency or not?

[Dominik] : Not necessarily. Just specify the properties
maven.multiproject.includes/excludes/basedir in ProjectMain and
maven.multiproject.type in the subprojects.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott
>

>  This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Re: Multiproject Question

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Nelson, Scott (MAN - Corporate)" <Sc...@cox.com> wrote on
19/09/2003 01:24:38 AM:

> When using the multiproject plugin.  Is it a requirement that all of
your
> subprojects are underneath the main project?  I have a flattened
directory
No.

> structure and would like to use the multiproject plugin cause each of my
> three subproject all rely on one another.
>
> I have a directory structure that has all of my projects at the same
level.
> Can I still use the multiproject plugin?
Yes.

Specify

maven.multiproject.basedir=..
maven.multiproject.excludes=ProjectMain/project.xml

> |-ProjectMain
> |-ProjectA
> |-ProjectB
> |-ProjectC
>

> Assuming I can get the multiproject plugin to work for my projects, do I
> need to specify the dependencies between projectA, projectB, and
projectC in
> the project.xml file as a SNAPSHOT dependency or not?

What are the requirements for your projects? Do they rely on the very
latest versions of each other, or on fixed releases???

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting