Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by John Barrow <jb...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/12 10:53:01 UTC

[ NetBeans IDE ] Is there a shortcut key for 'Replace instance'

I am new to Netbeans, having moved over from Delphi and love the experience so far. I am used to using shortcuts to improve the speed of coding.

When I want to replace a number of instances I use the Ctrl-H to bring up the dialogue and then tab through entering the source & destination.

However I haven’t discovered the shortcut keys to trigger the ‘Replace’ instance and ‘Next’ buttons in the dialog so I can quickly step through without needing the mouse.

I have found the Shortcuts sheets and they are not mentioned on it.

Do these exist and if so what are they?

Thanks

John Barrow

RE: [ NetBeans IDE ] Is there a shortcut key for 'Replace instance'

Posted by John Barrow <jb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that information. It has resolved my frustration. Not sure why I didn’t spot the Tooltip indicating this. I will have to ensure that I check for tooltips in the future!

And for completeness, F3 skips the next occurrence if that instance is not to be replaced.

John

Hello. After you press Ctrl-H, you can press ENTER for replace and
Shift-ENTER for replace all when your cursor in bottom textArea. And
ENTER or Shift-ENTER when in upper textArea.
https://yadi.sk/i/4PKErcGXkorWLw