Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Pierce <Jo...@seagram.com> on 2002/02/13 16:51:54 UTC

Re[2]: Native Connector problems

Where are the binary builds of the native connectors for 4.0.2? When can we
expect them? Can you quantify the term "shortly"?

Jonathan

Subject:    Re: Native Connector problems
Author: "Tomcat Developers List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
Date:       2/13/2002 1:17 AM

> The problem is that the default cache size is one and in the ajp_init
> function
> in jk_ajp_common.c we return from inside of an if when we initialize
> the cache
> so the secrect member of the structure never gets initialized.  This
> caused
> some GPFs in certain cases on some of my builds.
>
> I've checked in the fix.  All I did was move the line that initializes
> secret up above
> the if statement.
>
> Remy, would it be possible to relabel jk_ajp_common.c
> rev. 1.24 as the rev for tomcat_402?  I've built and tested this fix on
> NetWare
> and the resolved my GPFs and bad behavior talking to older
> installations
> of Tomcat (i.e. 3.3).  I was able to use the same module to talk to
> Tomcat 4.0.2 and Tomcat 3.3 from the same instance of the web server.
> I love it when a plan comes together :-)

I've retagged the file.

Thanks,
Remy

This email and any files transmitted with it are for the named person's use
only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please immediately
delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies
of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.

This email message has been swept by a virus software product for the
presence of computer viruses.