Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 06:22:07 UTC

Hadoop-qa bot sometimes doesn't notice patches?

Hey guys,

I think hadoop-qa used to pick up and run the last attached patch when
you click cancel/submit patch. Lately I've noticed that (sometimes?)
doesn't work - you'd need to re-attach the same file first and then
click cancel/submit.

Anyone else observed that? Is it some kind of misconfiguration or
something else?

-Mikhail

Re: Hadoop-qa bot sometimes doesn't notice patches?

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Oh I see, thanks for clarifying. Wondering if that's global jenkins
configuration or something we changed? Is that the behavior we want? I
think sometimes one might just want to kick hadoop-qa if failure seems
spurious or sporadical.

-Mikhail

Michael Antonov

Re: Hadoop-qa bot sometimes doesn't notice patches?

Posted by Srikanth Srungarapu <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hm, I see, that's interesting. Thanks Ted.

Though I think I observed this behavior with patches not being picked
up during several last weeks at least.

-Mikhail

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today git repo temporarily was inaccessible.
> e.g. from https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/13626/console
>
> FATAL: Failed to fetch from
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase.githudson.plugins.git.GitException:
> Failed to fetch from
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hbase.git       at
> hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:647)
>         at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:889)
>

> FYI
>

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I think hadoop-qa used to pick up and run the last attached patch when
>> you click cancel/submit patch. Lately I've noticed that (sometimes?)
>> doesn't work - you'd need to re-attach the same file first and then
>> click cancel/submit.
>>
>> Anyone else observed that? Is it some kind of misconfiguration or
>> something else?
>>
>> -Mikhail

Michael Antonov

Re: Hadoop-qa bot sometimes doesn't notice patches?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.