Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vs...@apache.org> on 2009/08/02 14:41:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r800032 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-linkcheck-plugin: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/linkcheck/LinkcheckReport.java

Hi Benjamin,

2009/8/2 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> This also requires to bump the <prerequsites> on Maven, e.g. older Maven
> versions don't support MavenProject.clone() and will die with a linkage
> error upon executing the mojo.

Right and it is why I bump to 2.0.9 dep!

> Consider to output the error message at error level in both cases. I mean
> the severity of the message remains the same whether the plugin additionally
> dumps the stack trace or not. Somebody who greps the log output for ERROR
> would otherwise miss this information when debug logging was enabled.

Well make sense.

>> +        clone.getOriginalModel().getReporting().setOutputDirectory(
>> tmpReportingOutputDirectory.getAbsolutePath() );
>
> Hm, maybe you could solve this without a temp model and simplify the code: I
> see the Site Plugin's outputDirectory parameter can be configured via the
> system property siteOutputDirectory. Adding this to the forked invocation
> should do equally well, shouldn't it?

Nope, it is why I created a temp pom file and set the reporting output dir.
Think about plugins which use ${project.reporting.outputDirectory} in
there conf.

Cheers

Vincent

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Hi Vincent,

> Think about plugins which use ${project.reporting.outputDirectory} in
> there conf.

A properly [0] implemented reporting plugin must not use this value
during the site lifecycle. But you're right, updating the model is more
robust as it captures the buggy plugins as well.

Benjamin

[0]
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/common-bugs.html#Determining_the_Output_Directory_for_a_Site_Report