Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by luca piccioni <ma...@yahoo.it> on 2007/06/14 15:14:23 UTC

DB access without Tomcat

Hi to all,
I would like to know if it is possible to access into a DB if I have not installed Tomcat and with Cocoon called as a command-line application.

Thanks,
Mauro

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: DB access without Tomcat

Posted by warrell harries <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mauro,

Yes, it's quite possible. I have done it for DB2 which was a bit of a
challenge as I recall. Remember to put the JDBC Driver classes into the
web.xml - there may be one or two other things, perhaps in the .conf file
that you use for the CLI approach, but it does work. I've had some great
results doing reporting/charting that way. As usual, be prepared to google
around and you will get it to work eventually,

Keep the faith,

Warrell