Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/07/27 16:58:04 UTC

Potential Collaboraton with Apache DevLake

Hi All

I've been contacted by Hezheng Yin from the Apache DevLake community
https://devlake.apache.org/ <https://devlake.apache.org/>to see if we
can find any synergies for potential collaboration. Both projects are
interested in gathering, aggregating and visualising metrics so perhaps
we could leverage each other's communities.

I'm looking to organise a chat with Hezheng to get a demo of DevLake and
find out about their roadmap. I'll report back to the list once I have
more details.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Potential Collaboraton with Apache DevLake

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

A quick update on this:

I had the call with Hezheng Yin from DevLake and it was interesting to see the similarities between the projects. DevLake is written in Go and Kibble in Python but the general design is similar. Their focus is more DevOps related where they are looking at various use cases and ours is more community focussed. Even so we are exploring ways to perhaps share knowledge and collaborate. As a next step Hezheng is keen to talk to Daniel to find out more about the Kibble technical details. Let's hope we can get something moving again for Kibble :-)

And I have been invited to speak at the next DevLake community meeting on 18th August. https://lu.ma/01lv9yy0

So let's see how it goes!

Thanks
Sharan