Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Anup Tiwari <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/28 12:42:22 UTC

Hive Config for ignoring Glacier Object while querying

Hi Team,

Do we have any config like we have in presto which ignores glacier objects
rather than failing the query ?

*hive.s3.skip-glacier-objects
<https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector/hive.html> :- Ignore Glacier
objects rather than failing the query. This will skip data that may be
expected to be part of the table or partition. Defaults to false.*

Actually i have a partition tables of which data is on S3. We have archived
some older data to glacier so now if we run query it fails so we have
applied a partition date condition after which query is scanning only those
objects which are on S3 but just wanted to know that do we have any config
for ignoring glacier objects ?

Regards,
Anup Tiwari

Re: Hive Config for ignoring Glacier Object while querying

Posted by David Lavati <dl...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Anup,

I'm not that familiar yet with Hive's S3/Glacier-related capabilities, but
a quick search in both the code base and our jira project returned with
nothing in relation to glacier.

Regards,
David

Posted by Anup Tiwari <an...@gmail.com>.