Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/05/11 14:41:52 UTC

Two Insights from the logo survey comments

I've been going through the thousands of comments received in the
survey, trying to make sense of them.  Here are two things I thought
were interesting and worth discussing:

1) The number "4" appears to be unlucky in China, Japan and Korea.
Sometimes product their will even skip over version 4 of a product and
go directly to 5.   (In other cultures 13 is unlucky, and hotels will
not have a 13th floor).

So the feedback was that we might not want to have a "4" be too
prominent or central in the logo.

2) Some users suggested that a prominent "TM" trademark symbol was
seen as conflicting with the openness theme.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Two Insights from the logo survey comments

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
To make 4 luckier, you can add a decimal like 4.01

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480