Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Carl Smith <cc...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/02 17:53:50 UTC

RequestProcessor.process() method

in this RequestProcessor.process() method, there are some methods are place holders for our specific application to over ride. Say in our application we have a logic to be checked to see if user has access to the certain page. Which method (processPreprocess();processRoles();processPopulate();processValidate();processForward();) is a good place for us to place this logic in. Please note that our request can be multipart request.

Thanks.

---------------------------------

Re: RequestProcessor.process() method

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Carl Smith wrote:

>in this RequestProcessor.process() method, there are some methods are place holders for our specific application to over ride. Say in our application we have a logic to be checked to see if user has access to the certain page. Which method (processPreprocess();processRoles();processPopulate();processValidate();processForward();) is a good place for us to place this logic in. Please note that our request can be multipart request.

Well, processRoles is suppoed to be used for processing user roles. That
might be a good place to start.

Dave

Re: RequestProcessor.process() method

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Carl Smith wrote:

>in this RequestProcessor.process() method, there are some methods are place holders for our specific application to over ride. Say in our application we have a logic to be checked to see if user has access to the certain page. Which method (processPreprocess();processRoles();processPopulate();processValidate();processForward();) is a good place for us to place this logic in. Please note that our request can be multipart request.

PS, generally considered bad form (and you're less likely to get an
answer) if you hijack a different thread for a new question--if I'm not
paying attention to a particular thread I wouldn't notice that the topic
has completely changed.

Dave