Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 07:01:16 UTC

Depending on backport-concurrent-util.

Hi,

Because of the issue 'DIRMINA-245' (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-245), I need to implement a new
thread pool.  But I'm not sure I have to fork an existing thread pool, not
using existing solid concurrent utility package: backport-concurrent-util (
http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/).  Using this
package means another dependency in MINA.  So please let me know if any of
you have any concern with introducing a new dependency in 1.0.

Once agreed, I will rename ThreadPoolFilter to ExecutorFilter. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: Depending on backport-concurrent-util.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
All done.  Please refer to the following JIRA issue:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-260

Cheers,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hanson Char <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1

Using the backport concurrent util is probably second best to using Java 5+.

Hanson