Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vybe3142 <vy...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 23:23:19 UTC

Unload(true) doesn't delele Index file when unloading a core

>From what I understand, isn't the index file deletion an expected result?

Thanks

    public int drop(...., boolean removeIndex) =======> removeIndex passed
in as true
            throws Exception {
        String coreName = .....
        Unload req = new Unload(removeIndex);
        req.setCoreName(coreName);
        SolrServer adminServer = buildAdminServer();
        return req.process(adminServer).getStatus();  =======> removes
reference to solr core in solr.xml but doesn't delete the index file
    }

Re: Unload(true) doesn't delele Index file when unloading a core

Posted by vybe3142 <vy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, good to know. I'll program around this.

Re: Unload(true) doesn't delele Index file when unloading a core

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't delete - this has come up before with the idea of adding a param. The discussion was part of a Jira adding a diff param that was closed though - go ahead and make a new one if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by vybe3142 <vy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, seems like it should. But.....

1> if this is a WIndows box, then any open searchers will prevent the
deletion from happening.
2> if this is a *nix box, and anything has the files open, the files
will hang around
      until the process that has them open goes away.

Best
Erick