Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Randall Hobbs <Ma...@expert-html.net> on 2002/01/31 00:05:03 UTC

Apache 2.0.28

Hello guys. I went ahead and went through the motions of installing Apache 2.0.28 this morning. It has been a major ordeal from the get go. I now have it where it starts up without crashing (visibly), but it does not accept connections. This is the message showing in the log files:

[Wed Jan 30 16:54:50 2002] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Wed Jan 30 16:54:50 2002] [notice] Digest: done
[Wed Jan 30 16:54:50 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address xxx.xx.xx.xx:80
[Wed Jan 30 16:54:50 2002] [alert] no listening sockets available, shutting down

No matter what I do, it still comes up with that in the log files, and it doesn't accept the connections. Here are the options I compiled Apache with:

./configure --with-layout-Apache --with-mpm=perchild --enable-suexec --enable-modules="perchild env setenvif uniqueid mime_magic rewrite userdir speling dir autoindex access auth auth_dbm auth_anon auth_digest headers includes suexec status info log_config" --with-suexec-caller=apache --with-suexec-userdir=/home --with-suexec-docroot=/home --with-suexec-uidmin=500 --with-suexec-gidmin=500 --with-suexec-logfile=/var/log/cgi.log

I completely kill the server before starting it up (killall httpd), but once I start it up it dies, saying it can't bind to the specified IP address and port. There is nothing else running on that port, so is it possibly something that I'm trying to set in the configuration?

Take care,
Randall

Re: Apache 2.0.28

Posted by Randall Hobbs <Ma...@expert-html.net>.
Just curious if anyone out there has successfully gotten Apache 2.0.28 running with the perchild MPM... If so I'd at least know it was possible, and it would give me the determination to keep working on it...

Thanks,
Randall