Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 00:50:50 UTC

Refactoring: org.apache.uima.cas.impl.ArrayFSImpl

Hi,

the class has private constructor which is never used.
Is there a reason for it ?

Otherwise I would suggest to delete it.

Jörn

Re: Refactoring: org.apache.uima.cas.impl.ArrayFSImpl

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> +1 -Marshall
>
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> +1 to remove it, from me, but Thilo could take a look too...
>>>
>>> I commented it out to test removing it, and didn't see any compile
>>> errors. (didn't commit)
>>>
>> Actually I started to migrate the cas.impl package to our
>> new generic interfaces and have seen a few classes which
>> have private non-used constructuors. Eclipse generates warnings
>> for these.
>>
>> For the cas.impl package I would like to remove all non-used
>> private constructors.
>>
>> Jörn

+1 to remove.  I think (though this is lost in the mists
of time) that I added those on the mistaken notion that
Java would automatically add a default constructor if
I didn't add one myself.  However, that's only true if
a class has no constructor at all.  In that case, a better
way to avoid instantiation is to make the class abstract.
So please go ahead.

--Thilo

Re: Refactoring: org.apache.uima.cas.impl.ArrayFSImpl

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 -Marshall

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 to remove it, from me, but Thilo could take a look too...

I commented it out to test removing it, and didn't see any compile
errors. (didn't commit)

-Marshall