Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Keddie <We...@marioncountyfl.org> on 2002/02/12 22:56:18 UTC

hi

Caught your name in an article...if you have time... i was wondering
if you know of any complications of using javabeans with a Tomcat 3.3/II 5 w/ isapi_redirect filter?
I mean , is there any specific setting i have to implement in the server xml or other files?
The jsps/beans  are outside of tomcat directory in the Inetpub directory.
I get the 405--Resource Not Allowed with the reason at top saying i have incorrect url.
I know Tomcat is case sensitive and I made sure all links correspond...even the envirment variable
references.  I have one jsp posting to another with a bean between them.
Please help.

Tomcat - OMVS/S390 - Urgent

Posted by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com>.
Has anyone got Tomcat (any version) running under OMVS on S390.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Brown.

Re: Scale Tomcat-Apache - Is this true?

Posted by "Christopher K. St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.
Brown Bay wrote:

> http://www.apachelabs.org/tomcat-user/200112.mbox/%3C01f101c17e30$577e27a0$4
> 8976c84@ses.sk%3E

  http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=55280

    "Highlights in this release include: Full support for the
     AJP 1.3 and 1.4 native connector protocols, including
     load balancing"

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com

RE: Scale Tomcat-Apache - Is this true?

Posted by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com>.
to my understanding, tomcat 4.02 beta has fixed the mod_jk load balancing
problem. The newly released 4.02 should support load balancing, could
somebody confirm this?

regards,
mingfai

Posted by Brown Bay <br...@hotmail.com>.

Scale Tomcat-Apache

Re: hi (beans)

Posted by Allan Kamau <hu...@yahoo.com>.
The beens should be placed in your context's
WEB-INF/classes folder or if in the WEB-INF/lib if
they are in jar format.
You may even put the beans in jar format in your
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/lib
folders depending on wheather you'd like the beans
accessible from other contexts

Allan.

Re: hi

Posted by Richard <Ri...@CreditDiscovery.com>.

RE: hi

Posted by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com>.
Robert,
I have no suggestions for you at all.  I don't even know where to start.
I don't use IIS and I am trying not to use jsp's in favor of Velocity.
So you might have better luck just posting to the list because I am
quite lost on this one.  Sorry.

Charlie

How can I tell who is connecting to the database?

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
If several developers are connecting to the database using tomcat 3.2.4 on
localhost, is there a way to tell which computer is actually connecting?
When I try to get IP, it is always the same since they are at localhost.

Please help!!!

Brandon

How can I distinguish separate tomcat servers from one another?

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Does anyone know of a way I can distinguish which computer tomcat may be
running on for development purposes.  If there are several developers, we
want one of our servlets to store which computer connects to the database in
the database.  Is there a code that can tell which IP is connecting through
a browser.  The current problem is that since each developer uses localhost,
every ip seems to be 127.0.0.1.  Is there a command to get the computer name
or something that can identify separate machines?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brandon

RE: hi

Posted by Daniel Thomas <da...@ntlworld.com>.
Sorry, I'm afraid that I am really only a beginner at this. To be honest it
sounds like you know more than me.

Dan