Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2007/05/11 23:07:26 UTC

Tacos rearrangement / Tapestry subprojects

Hi all.
Motivated by some user emails, i had promised a tacos rearrangement a month
ago.

Well, now is the right time for this (for me) and since I'm still quite
positive about this
change, i'm imagining subprojects such as:
tacos-4.1/tacos-core
tacos-4.1/tacos-components
tacos-4.1/tacos-annotations (we have several related code in our jira which
is perhaps not
'mainstream' enough to make it to tapestry-annotations but that could easily
be part of this)
tacos-4.1/tacos-jquery (i think someone has mentioned wanting to integrate
this)
tacos-4.1/tacos-ext (or that one)
tacos-4.1/tacos-ide (got some code that's IDE agnostic that could make it
here, Hugo has mentioned something similar)
and
tacos-5.0/tacos-core
tacos-5.0/tacos-jini (iirc, someone wanted to donate this)
e.t.c.

Of course, I'm also imagining allowing as many users to be part of this as
possible ;)

So, how do you feel about this whole idea? Is it something that (perhaps)
goes against this project?
Is it something that perhaps we'll want to do inside apache? Is there any
reason why we should (still) wait
till someone starts this???

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: Tacos rearrangement / Tapestry subprojects

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great!

I have my typical concerns about maintaining quality but losing community
involvement / other more fluid and possibly positive contributions might be
worse.

More importantly is the fact that we rely on no one but ourselves to make
progress....Ie we control every aspect of the dev from site / svn /
committers / demo servers / etc..

I think it would be nice to move to google groups to manage our mailing
lists but other than that it sounds great. :)

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer