Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/21 01:37:15 UTC

9/21/2021 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Hello,

It has been two weeks since our last sync! Let's share our works for the
last two weeks in this thread. Thanks!

Regards,
--ning

Re: 9/21/2021 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

K8s data is so overwhelming, :D

Posted by Nicholas Nezis <ni...@gmail.com>.
Some good resources:

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saad Ur Rahman <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Thank you very much!

Posted by Saad Ur Rahman <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Ning!

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.

Posted by Saad Ur Rahman <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Hi,

Posted by Saad Ur Rahman <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

Nick Nezis and I are working on getting Pod Template definitions for executor nodes loaded from ConfigMaps. We have a WIP PR underway.

The current challenge being faced is testing as there seems to have been no design considerations taken when creating the V1Controller class. The V1CoreClient needs to be mocked for testing and it has been a long time since I have played with Mockito, so I am relearning things. Also, the default constructed V1 config objects tend to allow null fields for anything which is not explicitly set, so checks need to be performed carefully. Another option is to directly employ a blanket catch for null pointer exceptions and log them.