Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Hampton <ma...@coders.co.uk> on 2007/01/14 00:21:33 UTC

Auto white list

Hi

First post to the dev list so forgive me if I am stepping on anyones toes!

Reading the thread "Huge File Size" on the users list and reading Matt
Kettler's Wiki entry on the AWL I have developed a modified version of
the AWL.

It only works using the DB file version as I haven't had a chance to
write any other yet.

Changes:

1. Keeps a limited history (currently fixed to the last 10 emails).
2. Records the times of each email
3. Weights the deltas so that the older a message the less impact the
message has (weight is configurable and currently based on 12 hour
intervals).

I have modified three and renamed them by appending the "2"

	DBBasedAddrList2.pm
	AutoWhitelist2.pm
	Plugin/AWL2.pm

I have tried on a test server and it seems to be working!

There is lots of debugging (and very few comments)

This is more of a proof of concept and for general feedback to see what
people think before I do much more with it.

I have put the tar.gz file here:

http://www.bastionmail.co.uk/AWL2.tar.gz

Feedback welcome!

cheers