Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Darryl Philip Baker <da...@northwestern.edu> on 2017/09/27 16:58:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Validating Redirect Targets

Posting email list is dedicated to the use and usually the syntax of Apache configurations so my question may be off topic. If so please direct me to the correct place.

I have inherited an Apache configuration that has grown organically over more than a decade. I know there are redirects and rewrite rules which are now pointing to invalid URLs. My problem is in this very large collection of virtual hosts how can I efficiently identify the dead ends so I can removed them.

Rather than reinventing the wheel, or in this case the program or script, I thought I would ask here if anyone has ever automated this kind of validation testing and would they be willing to share?

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services
Northwestern University
darryl.baker@northwestern.edu<ma...@northwestern.edu>