Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be> on 2013/05/23 14:39:46 UTC

Shardsplitting

Hi

When having a collection with 3 shards en 2 replica's for each shard and
I want to split shard1. Does it matter where to start the splitshard
command in the cloud or should it be started on the master of that shard?

BR,
Arkadi

Re: Shardsplitting

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arkadi,

It does not matter where you invoke that command because ultimately that
command is executed by the Overseer node. That being said, shard splitting
has some bugs whose fixes will be released with Solr 4.3.1 so I'd suggest
that you wait until then to use this feature.

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be> wrote:

> Hi
>
> When having a collection with 3 shards en 2 replica's for each shard and I
> want to split shard1. Does it matter where to start the splitshard command
> in the cloud or should it be started on the master of that shard?
>
> BR,
> Arkadi

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.