Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Søren Krum <so...@uninett.no> on 2010/10/19 16:09:27 UTC

Strange behaviour on resource plugin

Hi!

I have detected a strange bahaviour of the maven resource plugin, and i
am wondering if someone can give me a hint, what is going wrong here.

One of my maven projects uses the resource plugin to copy some
configuration files with some placeholders in them.

When running maven from eclipse, the placeholders are nicely replaced
with some values from the pom file, but when starting maven from the
console, this replacement does not take place.

My eclipse uses a maven 3.0 snapshot, while i tried maven 2.2.1 and 3.0
from the command line, both not eager to do the replacement.

To make this behaviour even stranger, i detected this failing
replacement after i updated my os from ubuntu 8/04 to 10/04, but i have
no idea if that is really connected. I did not touch the maven
installations at all, so it is a bit confusing....

Any idea is highly welcome :-)

--
Med vennlig hilsen

Søren D. Krum
Systemutvikler/system developer
UNINETT FAS
+ 47 73557859

There are 10 different kind of people in the world, those who understand
binary and those who don't

Re: Strange behaviour on resource plugin

Posted by Vincent Latombe <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Do you define the version of maven-resources-plugin in your pom ? Are you
using profiles?

2010/10/19 Søren Krum <so...@uninett.no>

> Hi!
>
> I have detected a strange bahaviour of the maven resource plugin, and i
> am wondering if someone can give me a hint, what is going wrong here.
>
> One of my maven projects uses the resource plugin to copy some
> configuration files with some placeholders in them.
>
> When running maven from eclipse, the placeholders are nicely replaced
> with some values from the pom file, but when starting maven from the
> console, this replacement does not take place.
>
> My eclipse uses a maven 3.0 snapshot, while i tried maven 2.2.1 and 3.0
> from the command line, both not eager to do the replacement.
>
> To make this behaviour even stranger, i detected this failing
> replacement after i updated my os from ubuntu 8/04 to 10/04, but i have
> no idea if that is really connected. I did not touch the maven
> installations at all, so it is a bit confusing....
>
> Any idea is highly welcome :-)
>
> --
> Med vennlig hilsen
>
> Søren D. Krum
> Systemutvikler/system developer
> UNINETT FAS
> + 47 73557859
>
> There are 10 different kind of people in the world, those who understand
> binary and those who don't

Vincent

Re: Strange behaviour on resource plugin

Posted by Søren Krum <so...@uninett.no>.
Hi!

fond it by myself: The -X helps a lot in between. The properties were
specified in a profile which was not active when running from the
command line.

Sorry for bothering you!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I have detected a strange bahaviour of the maven resource plugin, and i
> am wondering if someone can give me a hint, what is going wrong here.

Did you "lock down" the version of m-r-p in your pom? If not, you
really have no control over what version is being used, and it is
possible that you have run into some change in functionality or a bug
that is causing this behaviour.

Wayne