Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org> on 2005/09/20 21:20:51 UTC

how to tell Apache::Test which apache to use?

I have both Apache1 & 2 with mp1 & 2 on my system (for testing).  By
default, Apache::Test seems to find and use Apache1, which is fine, but I
need to figure out how to tell it to run its tests with Apache2 as well,
since this is for a module that I want to work with both mod_perl
versions.

Unfortunately, the Apache::Test docs don't mention this explicitly but I'm
hoping it's possible.

-dave

Re: how to tell Apache::Test which apache to use?

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Dave Rolsky wrote:
>
>> I have both Apache1 & 2 with mp1 & 2 on my system (for testing).  By
>> default, Apache::Test seems to find and use Apache1, which is fine,
>> but I need to figure out how to tell it to run its tests with Apache2
>> as well, since this is for a module that I want to work with both
>> mod_perl versions.
>

> I believe you want
> ./t/TEST -http

in my experience that probably ought to work but it never really does.  I
always find myself going back to the Makefile.PL when testing against
multiple apache versions

  $ make realclean
  $ rm -rf ~/.apache-test
  $ export APACHE_TEST_NO_STICK_PREFERENCES=1
  $ perl Makefile.PL -httpd /path/to/the/apache/I/want/to/test

similarly for M::B, since I suspect that's what you're using :)

> ./t/TEST -help

yes, there's lots of stuff in there :)

HTH

--Geoff

Re: how to tell Apache::Test which apache to use?

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Dave Rolsky wrote:
> I have both Apache1 & 2 with mp1 & 2 on my system (for testing).  By
> default, Apache::Test seems to find and use Apache1, which is fine, but
> I need to figure out how to tell it to run its tests with Apache2 as
> well, since this is for a module that I want to work with both mod_perl
> versions.

I believe you want
./t/TEST -http

./t/TEST -help