Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 17:00:41 UTC

aries build/test failure

Hi All,

I'm trying to build the latest trunk code and hitting a failure. I'm
building on Mac OS X 10.5.8 with java 1.6.0_17.  Any ideas?

Running org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.MultiBundleTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 9.187
sec <<< FAILURE!

Based on the surefire report it seems it is a timeout but I'm not sure
why the service is not available.  I suspect I picked up the recent
changes from Ozzy before they are truly complete ... is that the case?

 From the surefire report:

   <testcase time="9.123"
classname="org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.MultiBundleTest" name="test
[equinox/3.5.0]">
     <error message="Gave up waiting for service
(&amp;(objectClass=org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer)(osgi.blueprint.container.symbolicname=org.apache.aries.blueprint.testbundleb))"
type="java.lang.RuntimeException">java.lang.RuntimeException: Gave up
waiting for service
(&amp;(objectClass=org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer)(osgi.blueprint.container.symbolicname=org.apache.aries.blueprint.testbundleb))
	at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.AbstractIntegrationTest.getOsgiService(AbstractIntegrationTest.java:96)
	at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.AbstractIntegrationTest.getBlueprintContainerForBundle(AbstractIntegrationTest.java:65)
	at
org.apache.aries.blueprint.itests.MultiBundleTest.test(MultiBundleTest.java:95)
	at
	at
	at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.extender.impl.internal.CallableTestMethodImpl.injectContextAndInvoke(CallableTestMethodImpl.java:134)
	at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.extender.impl.internal.CallableTestMethodImpl.call(CallableTestMethodImpl.java:101)
	at
	at
	at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.rbc.internal.RemoteBundleContextImpl.remoteCall(RemoteBundleContextImpl.java:80)
	at
	at
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
	at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
</error>

Thanks,
Joe

Re: aries build/test failure

Posted by The Dweller <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi, sorry about the short build break there =)

I'd confirmed the changes as working locally on my system, but after
checking into svn, testing with a clean checkout found issues with how I was
attempting to include schemas into one of the test bundles. It was
thankfully a quick fix to make, and it's not clear quite how it had been
working locally.

The new MultiBundleTest is ensuring NamespaceHandlers, BeanProcessors,
Interceptors etc are functioning as expected, as well as hopefully acting as
a good platform for creation of further tests of Aries Blueprint functions
that require more than a single bundle to test with.

Regards,
Ozzy

Re: aries build/test failure

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.