Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu> on 2001/09/01 18:17:40 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/experimental mod_cache.c

On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 14:47:55 +0200
 Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> > Yep, you definitely need CACHE_OUT to be a CONTENT filter in this
> > case since INCLUDES is a CONTENT filter and you need INCLUDES to
> > be run after CACHE_OUT.
>
> I disagree - includes is something that should be cached as it is a
> performance bottleneck.

In Ian's particular case, that is incorrect.  The value of his includes
vary from request to request, so he needs the cache to be before the
includes filter.

> If the user specifies "cache this URL range" it would be wrong to
> override the user's wishes and not cache something.

You're saying that we should override the user's wishes and cache the
page with the request-specific information instead of before these are
added.