Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Tara Athan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/26 02:08:38 UTC

suggestion for Quickstart

On
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/quickstart/setup_quickstart.html

some of the instructions have been updated to 1.0-SNAPSHOT, but not all.

The download link goes to
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/flink/flink-0.9.1/flink-0.9.1-bin-hadoop1.tgz

and all the links there are broken.

Also,
$ bin/flink run ./examples/WordCount.jar file://`pwd`/hamlet.txt
file://`pwd`/wordcount-result.txt

should be

$ bin/flink run ./examples/batch/WordCount.jar

Or if you want to give the example of explicit arguments, then it needs
to be

$ bin/flink run ./examples/batch/WordCount.jar --input
file:///`pwd`/hamlet.txt --output file:///`pwd`/wordcount-result.txt

Similarly, you could add

$ bin/flink run ./examples/streaming/WordCount.jar --output
file:///`pwd`/streaming-wordcount-result.txt

Finally, to complete the demo please add the instruction

$ bin/stop-local.sh

Best, Tara

Re: suggestion for Quickstart

Posted by Stefano Baghino <st...@radicalbit.io>.
Hi Tara,

thank you so much for reporting the issues you had, I'll open a ticket and
start working on it.

Best,
Stefano

--