Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2012/05/29 11:23:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37

Hi,

Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 release candidate is ready
for vote at [1]. This version solves regression(s)
found in released version 1.2.36 which can crash web server
if configured in certain way.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 48 hours.

The Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 is
  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
  [ ] Broken because of ...

  [1] http://people.apache.org/~mturk/tomcat-connectors/jk-1.2.37/

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mladen,

On 5/29/12 5:23 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> The Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 is
>  [X] Stable, go ahead and release
>  [ ] Broken because of ...

All seems to be running well in my development environment.

-chris

[RESULT] Was: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
With 3 +1 binding votes from Filip, Christopher and Mladen
I declare this vote as passed.

I'll copy the artefacts to dist site and create ANN after
mirror sync window.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 05/29/2012 11:23 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:

> The Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 is
> [X] Stable, go ahead and release
> [ ] Broken because of ...

... for the record.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
A bit late (sorry)

[X] Stable, go ahead and release

Built on OSX Lion.
No problem

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 29.05.2012 11:23, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 release candidate is ready
> for vote at [1]. This version solves regression(s)
> found in released version 1.2.36 which can crash web server
> if configured in certain way.
>

> The VOTE will remain open for at least 48 hours.
>
> The Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.37 is
> [X] Stable, go ahead and release
> [ ] Broken because of ...

+1

I only did some formal release checks.

Details:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src identical
- src consistent with svn tag, except for the following expected deltas:
   - LICENSE and NOTICE moved one directory up (OK)
   - KEYS not in dist (OK)
   - deprectated jk2 xdocs missing in dist (OK)
   - additional generated files in dist: aclocal.m4, configure,
     Makefile.in, config.h.in, html docs in docs (OK)
   - additional auto tool copied files in dist: install-sh, ltmain.sh,
     missing (OK)
   - build.properties.autoconf, native/build.xml and the jkant directory
     missing from dist.

Builds succesfully on

- Solaris 8 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries against 2.2

- Tool chain:
     - platform gcc except for Solaris
       (gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8)
     - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
               (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

Additional observations (not a regression, at least not from 1.2.36):

The LICENSE, NOTICE and *.pdb files contained in the binary zips for
Windows extract with permissions 700 for me on Unix (even when using
umask 022). All other files are OK. Maybe some possible improvement of
setting the perms after build and before zipping.

File ltmain.sh in src tar and zip has perms 644 instead of 755.

Regards,

Rainer