Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gernot Koller <wr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/11 17:14:22 UTC

Getting started with initial sitemap

Hi!

I'm very new to cocoon and this is probably a very "newbie" sort of question..

I installed cocoon as described and have the demo running.

Most of the samples work but not all do. I'm not sure, but it seems to me not all samples are supposed to run out of the box as some depend on data sources which definitly don't exist on my system.

Anyway, as I'm trying to figure out how all these things are fitting together, I find the demo sitemap containing all these samples way too complicated. I tried to throw out all unnecessary stuff leaving only the most simple hello world sample, but actually failed to do so.

So there is my question: How does a minimal sitemap look like ? Or, is there a "empty.war" file which I can import, that only contains the necessary base to begin with ? Also listing the WEB-INF/lib directory of the demo brings millions of jar files wich I can't belive being necessary for a most simple hello world sample. Removing one after each other on a trial and error basis is quite a pain...

Can someone of you gurus point my nose to where I can find this sort of info ?

thanks!

gernot.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! - We Remember

Re: Getting started with initial sitemap

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Please check the chello project:

http://chello.sourceforge.net/

What is it?
This application is a minimal Cocoon 2 application, the famous XML publishing
framework.

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Damioli Cédric <ce...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com>.
I would suggest you get CVS Cocoon... and have a look at the main sitemap.xmap there, in "src" directory. It is really simple. Then have a look at other sitemaps you find in subdirectories.

C 2.1 works  a bit differently but is nicer for newbies :-p

Just my 2 cents.

Indeed all these jars are needed, I tested it myself the first time I grabbed Cocoon off ;-)

Posted by Leigh Dodds <ld...@ingenta.com>.
http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=MinimalSitemapConfiguration

Cheers,

L.