Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hp <ad...@homepage.kgbinternet.com> on 2012/01/12 07:28:00 UTC

Why not all dependences are pulled?

After upgrading my IDE and Nexus, my development environment gets messed up.
I read online
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7964262/maven-and-indigo-behind-proxy)
that I could resolve the problem by deleting all stuff under .m2/repository.
After cleaning the project on eclipse, some dependences are pulled, but not
all. I thought that might caused by out of date dependences. That situation
doesn't seem to be the case. For example, hibernate 3.6.8.Final is one of
them and that is still an active hibernate version.

Re: Why not all dependencies are pulled?

Posted by hp <ad...@homepage.kgbinternet.com>.
A strange thing is that a file with a name "itext-2.1.7.pom" will be created
in my project target directory when I have the version of itext dependence
in my project pom file.

Re: Why not all dependencies are pulled?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>        <groupId>com.lowagie</groupId>
>        <artifactId>itext</artifactId>
>        <version>2.1.7</version>

I've run into troubles with that artifact and an itext-asian one as
well. I don't know what happened to them (license change?) but they
are no longer widely available. I pulled the jars out of some old Wars
that we had sitting around (from previous versions of our builds) and
put them in our MRM.

Wayne

Re: Why not all dependencies are pulled?

Posted by hp <ad...@homepage.kgbinternet.com>.
This problem was resolved last night. It was quite late and I didn't update
my this post.

It seems to be an old version problem. Based on information on
mavenrepository.com, I upgraded to latest versions and resolved all problems
with one exception. I can't get the

<dependency>
	<groupId>com.lowagie</groupId>
	<artifactId>itext</artifactId>
	<version>2.1.7</version>
</dependency>

and had to back to the 2.1.5 version.

Re: Why not all dependences are pulled?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM, hp <ad...@homepage.kgbinternet.com> wrote:
> After upgrading my IDE and Nexus, my development environment gets messed up.
> I read online
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7964262/maven-and-indigo-behind-proxy)
> that I could resolve the problem by deleting all stuff under .m2/repository.
> After cleaning the project on eclipse, some dependences are pulled, but not
> all. I thought that might caused by out of date dependences. That situation
> doesn't seem to be the case. For example, hibernate 3.6.8.Final is one of
> them and that is still an active hibernate version.

What do you mean by 'pulled'? Are you getting build errors of missing
dependencies?