Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ongko Widjaja <on...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/01 13:12:14 UTC

[users@httpd] vasco OTP Digipass authentication with Apache

Hello guys,

i'm new in apache Web server. I have a question for
security purpose. Can i protect a direcoty in apache
with Vasco Digipass? I read it can do by
mod_auth_radius. But when i activated mod_auth_radius,
apache still can't communicate with Vasco Middleware
Server.
Thanks

Regard,
Ongko Widjaja
System Engineer
email : ongko@msinfokom.com

Re: [users@httpd] vasco OTP Digipass authentication with Apache

Posted by "Neil A. Hillard" <hi...@whl.co.uk>.
Hi,

Ongko Widjaja wrote:
> i'm new in apache Web server. I have a question for
> security purpose. Can i protect a direcoty in apache
> with Vasco Digipass? I read it can do by
> mod_auth_radius. But when i activated mod_auth_radius,
> apache still can't communicate with Vasco Middleware
> Server.

You may like to consider trying mod_auth_xradius that we had written to
resolve issues we had with OTP and mod_auth_radius:

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/apache/mod_auth_xradius/

This was a new development and was not based on mod_auth_radius.  It is
also able to share an authentication cache across any number of servers,
if you have a server farm.

I've only personally used and tested it on an accelerator but see no
reason why it won't work on a normal web server.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
             views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.