Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by M M <me...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/26 22:21:39 UTC

Can tomcat send out event about persistent connection being closed?

I am using Tomcat 5.5 and I would like to bind the HttpSession lifecycle with its underlying persistent connection lifecycle. Partically, if the persistent connection is closed due to connectionTimeout or client program exits, I would like to invalid the client's HttpSession, and if the HttpSession timeout, I would like to close the persistent connection too.

I know the APIs to control the HttpSession lifecycle, but I am wondering if there is any API in Tomcat to allow me to control the lifecycle of the underlying persistent connection.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Monica

RE: Can tomcat send out event about persistent connection being closed?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: M M [mailto:mengzh74@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Can tomcat send out event about persistent
> connection being closed?
>
> I am using Tomcat 5.5 and I would like to bind the
> HttpSession lifecycle with its underlying persistent
> connection lifecycle.

A couple of issues:

1) There may not be an underlying persistent connection, if the client
chooses not to use keep-alives.

2) There will likely be more than one connection associated with a given
HttpSession.  For example, content embedded in a page will usually
result in multiple simultaneous connections being establshed by the
browser to retrieve said content as quickly as possible.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.