Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vijay Sachdeva <vi...@indiqus.com> on 2018/04/05 17:35:18 UTC

Open Suse or SLE not working

Dear Team,

We have trying to deploy OpenSuse and Suse Enterprise Linux on Cloudstack, although VM got deployed but we have been facing some issues like password management script doesn’t work as DHCP lease file is not getting generated. Due to this router IP is not determined by the script and we are not able to reset the password.

For this VM deployment we are using Xenserver 7.0 as a hypervisor, so my question arises here is this a normal behavior with Suse Linux and has anyone came across this issue.

Any replies would be highly appreciated...!!

Thanks

Vijay Sachdeva

Senior Consultant - Cloud and DevOps
IndiQus Technologies
O   +91 11 4055 1411  |   M +91 9873533903
www.indiqus.com

Re: Open Suse or SLE not working

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Vijay,

It sounds like you have two different problems:

1) DHCP lease file – this will be down to issues in your SLES template – you probably haven’t sanitised network settings well enough on the source VM before creating the template.
2) Password reset script: this is something you can and sometimes have to edit to fit your guest OS. Check https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/master/setup/bindir/cloud-set-guest-password.in
As you can see the password is retrieved with “wget -q -t 3 -T 20 -O - --header "DomU_Request: send_my_password" http://<PASSWORD_SERVER_IP>:8080” - so you have to just troubleshoot your way through how this is enumerated on your SLES box and potentially make some changes. In its simplest form just run this from command line on your SLES guest and see what is returned.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue