Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today> on 2016/01/26 15:58:18 UTC

Failed to create templatecreate ( CloudStack 4.5.2 VMware 5.5 )

Hello,

      I found another issue, also i don't find solution for first one ( with this subject : CloudStack and VMware VM deploy issue )

      I installed an Windows 2008 from ISO file, after this i tried to create template from ROOT volume, but i get this error : Failed to create templatecreate template from volume exception: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Message: null

     Is there a solution to fix this ? is this fixed in CS 4.6 ?

  Thank you!

Regards,
Cristian

RE: Failed to create templatecreate ( CloudStack 4.5.2 VMware 5.5 )

Posted by Cristian Ciobanu <cr...@istream.today>.
Hello,

     The issue was fixed, i found 3 Interfaces on SSVM, 2 with Private IP but from same class, in order to fix this i added a new class for storage networking on POD level.

Regards,
Cristian
On 28.01.2016 01:36:24, Somesh Naidu <so...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Please see the full log

But these logs are output of grep. I'd be better off with the logs.

It does appear that there is a possibility that the stack trace for this NPE may not be available as I see "Message: null" meaning the exception stack wasn't propagated to the layer where the exception is being logged in which case it will be very difficult to identify the cause of the NPE.

The first thing I would do is to look at SSVM for logs related to job-50 / seq 2-6133058267548483884 (assuming host id 2 is SSVM) to see if I can find out more details. The second thing I would do is look at the relevant DB entries in the tables volumes and image_store to see if there is any field missing any data.

FYI the NPE is logged within this method - com.cloud.storage.resource.VmwareStorageProcessor.createTemplateFromVolume(CopyCommand). Someone more familiar with that piece of code may be able to provide more insight.

Regards,
Somesh

Posted by Somesh Naidu <So...@citrix.com>.