Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2005/07/14 23:50:08 UTC

new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Forrest
has asked Diwaker Gupta to become a committer and a
member of the PMC and he has accepted.

Diwaker has been using Forrest for his site for a long time and is
uncovering a number of important bugs, documenting them in the issue
tracker and where possible, doing initial evaluation of the problem.

He has contributed a lot of view:contracts and various code fixes. He
has also assisted other users and contributed to the development
discussion.

He helped to develop views to the point we have them now and is the
first using it in a production environment. That supported views immense
because he gave us *real user* feedback and contracts about the new
concept. The default.fv and default.css of views are designed by him as
well.

He has generally demonstrated commitment to the project.

Being a committer enables him to more easily make changes
and so not need to go via the patch submission process.
This should enable better productivity. Being a PMC member
enables him to assist with the management and to guide the
direction of the project.

Welcome to Diwaker.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.

> Welcome to Diwaker.

Welcome indeed!
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:

>Greetings everyone!
>
>Many thanks to Thorsten and the Forrest PMC for giving me this opportunity. I
>have been a F/OSS advocate since long, and have always taken interest in many
>open source project, but this is the first time I'm formally getting involved
>in such a large project, so I'm very excited!
>
>Look forward to working with you guys,

Welcome! ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <fl...@gmail.com>.
Greetings everyone!

Many thanks to Thorsten and the Forrest PMC for giving me this opportunity. I
have been a F/OSS advocate since long, and have always taken interest in many
open source project, but this is the first time I'm formally getting involved
in such a large project, so I'm very excited!

Look forward to working with you guys,
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
> Welcome to Diwaker.

Welcome to the "family"

Ross

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> Greetings everyone!
>
> Many thanks to Thorsten and the Forrest PMC for giving me this opportunity. I
> have been a F/OSS advocate since long, and have always taken interest in many
> open source project, but this is the first time I'm formally getting involved
> in such a large project, so I'm very excited!

Welcome, Diwaker and thanks for helping out.

> Look forward to working with you guys,
> Diwaker
>
> PS: sorry if you get multiple copies of this email -- "faking" the sender
> email address looks harder than I thought!

It is not a requirement to use your apache address.
Do it if you want to.

Not sure what you mean though. Depends on your email client,
but doing 'set envelope_from' is easy for me.

-David

Re: new PMC member: Diwaker Gupta