Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by wuzhouhui <wu...@mails.ucas.ac.cn> on 2019/12/15 10:02:50 UTC

quilt-like feature, to support patch series

Hi,

Can Subversion support patch series, like quilt. So I can split a
big change to small pieces before submit all of them, and post-commit
review will be more easy.

Thanks.

Re: quilt-like feature, to support patch series

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
wuzhouhui wrote on Tue, 17 Dec 2019 04:38 +00:00:
> From: "Daniel Shahaf" <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>
> > To do this, I guess you'll want to write a script that automatically
> > commits a patch series along with log messages (from `quilt header -e`)?
> > If you do, please consider publishing it; it's not the first time this
> > question has come up so it'll probably be useful to others.
> I'm going to hack Subversion, instead of quilt.

I think there's been a misunderstanding: I didn't propose that you modify
quilt.  In any case, if you have something reusable, please post it :)

Re: Re: quilt-like feature, to support patch series

Posted by wuzhouhui <wu...@mails.ucas.ac.cn>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by wuzhouhui <wu...@mails.ucas.ac.cn>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org>.
Subversion's missing piece is the patch-review system, agreed.  Rietveld
was 11.5 years ago (and Mondrian was 2 years before that - Perforce
admittedly), so we have plenty of things to be inspired by. In the last
year a "shelve" facility has been perfected for Subversion -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SVN/Shelving-v3+in+Svn-1.12. It
seems to me that this could be grown into a patch review system.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rietveld_(software)