Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ajo Thomas <aj...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/16 18:53:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0

Hi All,

Since the last Samza 1.7.0 release earlier this year, we have added a few
major features and improvements to the master which warrants a major 1.8.0
release.

Within LinkedIn, some of these features have already been tested as part of
our test suites and are in use in many of our production jobs. We wanted to
kick off the discussion in the open source forum to keep the momentum
flowing.

Below is a list of key features that we intend to include in the upcoming
release:
- SEP-31: Pipeline Drain
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-31%3A+Pipeline+Drain-+Support+the+ability+to+drain+pipelines+to+allow+incompatible+intermediate+schema+changes>
- SAMZA-2757: Make Samza Compatible with Java 11

Here is the complete list of the features, bug-fixes, upgrades: JIRA Link
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-2744?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.8>

Thanks
Ajo

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Samza 1.8.0 RC0