Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Andreas Kunft <an...@tu-berlin.de> on 2015/07/16 18:01:12 UTC

Exception during job submission in RemoteEnvironment

Hello,

I want to execute a Job from Java on an already running instance of
Flink. I connect via the RemoteEnvironment. Everything goes fine, but
then I get an exception from akka telling me the payload size is exceeded:

15-07-16 17:47:27 [ERROR] Transient association error (association
remains live)
akka.remote.OversizedPayloadException: Discarding oversized payload sent
to Actor[akka.tcp://flink@127.0.0.1:6123/user/jobmanager#697056301]: max
allowed size 10485760 bytes, actual size of encoded class
org.apache.flink.runtime.messages.JobManagerMessages$SubmitJob was
28318303 bytes.

I tried to increase the akka.framesize configuration value but then
realized the executePlanWithJars method in the RemoteExecutor creates a
client with a new configuration.

Am I doing something wrong here or how can I provide my own
configuration to the Client?

Best
Andreas Kunft

Re: Exception during job submission in RemoteEnvironment

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas,

for me this looks like an error. The problem is that the Client does not
respect the global configuration file when you execute your program from
Java/IDE. There is also no way to specify a configuration file for the
RemoteEnvironment, unlike for the LocalEnvironment. I think this should be
added.

Can you file an issue for that?

Cheers,
Till