Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by CDitty <ma...@redhotsweeps.com> on 2002/01/18 03:00:58 UTC

Building apache from source / LoadModules problem

Hello all.  I am trying to compile apache 1.3.22 to use .so modules but I
am having problems.  I am also compiling php into it too.

When I use the AddModule and LoadModule commands and run apachectl
configtest, I get the following error.
Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

I also ran a httpd -l and the module I am adding is not included.  I have
searched the archives and didn't really find anything helpful.

Below are the commands that I am running to compile the sources.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max
make
cd ../php-4.1.1
./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --enable-track-vars
make
make install
cd ../apache_1.3.22
./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
make
make install

What am I missing?

Thanks

CDitty

RE: Building apache from source / LoadModules problem

Posted by CDitty <ma...@redhotsweeps.com>.
Ok..  I recompiled like you suggested below.  mod_so is there now.

Thanks

Chris

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by CDitty <ma...@redhotsweeps.com>.
At 10:08 PM 1/17/2002, you wrote:
>When you did "httpd -l" was mod_so in there?  If not, you can't use
>LoadModule.

Not there.

> > Below are the commands that I am running to compile the sources.
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most
> > --enable-shared=max
> > make
> > cd ../php-4.1.1
> > ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22
> > --enable-track-vars
> > make
> > make install
> > cd ../apache_1.3.22
> > ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
>
>Shouldn't this line also have
>"--prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max"?

Are you saying the first configure line should be in ""s?   If not. then
that is the same line as I have above.  My line is just
wrapped in the email.

Afraid I don't understand.

Chris

RE: Building apache from source / LoadModules problem

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.