Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/01 10:11:44 UTC

Lucene/Solr 7.2

Hello,

It's been more than 6 weeks since we released 7.1 and we accumulated a good
set of changes, so I think we should release Lucene/Solr 7.2.0.

There is one change that I would like to have before building a RC:
LUCENE-8043[1], which looks like it is almost ready to be merged. Please
let me know if there are any other changes that should make it to the
release.

I volunteer to be the release manager. I'm currently thinking of building
the first release candidate next wednesday, December 6th.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8043

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I meant SOLR-11662 and *not* SOLR-11698.  Sorry for any confusion.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
David:

Well, I can make LUCENE-8048 committable in about 30 seconds ;) On a
more serious note, I've already delayed 2 weeks to give people time to
respond but nobody has. I'll put some time into digging at why the
test failures happened and if they're a test artifact rather than a
fundamental problem I'll be more inclined to push forward on it. We'll
see what I can find in the next day or two.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1. I have a couple of tickets that I should have wrapped up by Monday.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
It is not too time-consuming. The whole process takes a lot of time, but
most of the time is actually spent waiting (for other people to vote, that
javadocs upload, that mirrors replicate, etc.). You can have a look at
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo to see what kind of things
need to be done as part of the release process. If you'd like to give it a
try but you're not sure how much time you can allocate to it, it might be
easier to start with a bugfix release, which usually has fewer chances of
being respun since the set of chances is usually more contained.

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
Adrien,

Re: Lucene/Solr 7.2

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
There's SOLR-11624 that I want to get in; I'm planning to have it in by
Monday/Tuesday.