Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2001/10/17 13:11:31 UTC

Re: Fw: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/conf ldap.conf proxy.conf ssl.conf httpd-std.conf httpd-win.conf

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Relevant suggestions for all apache-docco hackers :)

Long, long ago, I started working on a Perl doohickey that would take
the standard conf file and munge it into a variety of smaller files. The
no-comments file. The only-important-comments file. The
only-section-headers file. For some reason, I never got done with those,
but I have the code lying around somewhere. I will try to pick that
project back up, now that I am starting to dig out from under a few
other projects.

Also, the comments about sample configurations is a really good idea, if
they are kept updated. In everyone's opinion, should these be inline in
the module documentation itself, or should they be in some sample_conf
directory and linked to from hither and yon. I would think that the
former would be much more likely to be kept updated.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New