Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Simon Perkins <sy...@perkins.net> on 2007/03/03 22:02:47 UTC

Unable to Commit to Apache SVN Server on Windows

Hi,

I recently set up an SVN repository with SVN 1.4.3 on an Apache 2.0.59
server running under Windows Server 2003. I can import and check out
things OK, but I seem to be unable to commit changes.

In particular, when I commit, using Tortoise SVN (1.4.3), the progress
dialog shows a number of Adding, Deleted and and Modified messages, and
then hangs on a "Sending Content" message. After 60 seconds or so, the
commit aborts with the message:

"Cannot write to the prototype revision file of transaction "9-2"
because a previous representation is currently being written by this
process"

I get the same message even when I'm just committing a single modified
file. I also get the same message using the command line SVN tools, so
it appears to be a server problem. I've tried stopping and starting
Apache, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled SVN on the server. I've
also made sure that the folder containing the respository is fully
read/writeable by any user. Still no joy.

If it's the respository that has become corrupted, is there any way of
fixing it?

Searching this mailing list, I've seen this error message reported a few
times but with no responses. Anyone know what the problem is? Can anyone
suggest any workarounds so that I can get my repository working?

Cheers,

Simon

Re: Unable to Commit to Apache SVN Server on Windows

Posted by Simon Perkins <sy...@perkins.net>.
I don't think that's the problem... The section from the httpd.conf file
reads:

<Location /svn>
DAV svn
SVNListParentPath on
SVNParentPath I:\Subversion
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Subversion repositories"
AuthUserFile passwd
#AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile
Require valid-user
</Location>

Does it make any difference what the actual directory where the
repository lives is called?

I can checkout and browse the repository on the web server no problem, BTW.

Cheers,

Sy