Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 19:53:19 UTC

How to print surefire errors (junit errors) to stdout? possible?

When I run Maven junit tests (surefire plugin) I have errors and a message
that I should
go open a file that is in /target/surefire-reports/

This takes a lot of time to navigate to the directory, open the file, scroll
or search
to find the problem, go fix the problem, close the tool I used to open the
file and
re-run the test.

What I would really like is to be able to see the errors in my IDE or in my
command line
shell.

I have google'd how to do this but it is found nowhere, nor on the maven
surefire plugin
page.

Does anyone have a super human hack to make this possible?  Who can I speak
with
to get this to be the default behaviour and provide an option to turn off?

Re: How to print surefire errors (junit errors) to stdout? possible?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
This one?
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#useFile

/Anders

Posted by jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com>.
Add a plugin configuration for surefire in your pom and pass
<useFile>false</useFile>

Plugin docs has this info:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#useFile

On 12/21/09, jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not use my IDE to run unit tests.  I use maven.  What I would like to
> know is... just read what I originally posted please.
>

> Alexander-129 wrote:
>>
>> Any IDE has built-in support for launching JUnit tests.
>>
>> 2009/12/22 jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com>
>>

>>> When I run Maven junit tests (surefire plugin) I have errors and a
>>> message
>>> that I should
>>> go open a file that is in /target/surefire-reports/
>>>
>>> This takes a lot of time to navigate to the directory, open the file,
>>> scroll
>>> or search
>>> to find the problem, go fix the problem, close the tool I used to open
>>> the
>>> file and
>>> re-run the test.
>>>
>>> What I would really like is to be able to see the errors in my IDE or in
>>> my
>>> command line
>>> shell.
>>>
>>> I have google'd how to do this but it is found nowhere, nor on the maven
>>> surefire plugin
>>> page.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a super human hack to make this possible?  Who can I
>>> speak
>>> with
>>> to get this to be the default behaviour and provide an option to turn
>>> off?
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Alexander

Sent from my mobile device

®¥@N

Re: How to print surefire errors (junit errors) to stdout? possible?

Posted by jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.