Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/02/11 18:05:17 UTC

[ANNOUCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0.2 Final released

The Tomcat Team is proud to announce the final release of Tomcat 4.0.2.

Highlights in this release include:
- Full support for the AJP 1.3 and 1.4 native connector protocols, including
load balancing
- Updated mod_webapp native connector
- Performance improvements for single thread model servlets
- And many bugfixes

Downloads (source and binary):
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.2/
Note: RPMs and binaries of native connectors will be made available shortly.

Release notes (including the full list of changes, bugfixes, as well as the
known issues with this release):
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.2/RELEASE-N
OTES

Remy

Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] Tomcat 4.0.2 Final released

Posted by Al-Qalb el-Mounir <fa...@yahoo.com>.
Remy,
I downloaded 4.0.2 but it seems there is a problem
with the jasper compiler/package. I sent an email, I
do not want to repeat what I put in it again. But
basically once I start tomcat it gives lots of errors
about MethodNotFound and it points at jasper. I tried
both the binary for jdk.4.0.LE and the classic one.

Do you have an idea why am getting this error? The
beta was working fine for me.

Regards.