Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/20 16:04:02 UTC

[Studio] Addition of new plugins for OpenLDAP

Hi guys,

in the past 2 years, Pierre-Arnaud has worked on some OpenLDAP
configuration plugins for Studio. I intend to inject them into the
default Studio code base next week.

The following plugins have been developped :
- openldap.common.ui : a few classes used by all the other OpenLDAP
dedicated plugins
- openldap.config.editor : quite similar to the configuration editor
available for ApacheDS. It deals with the Openldap cn=config partition,
allowing a user to completely manage the configuration , either with a
started server or a stopped server (in this case, we process the LDIF
files on disk)
- openldap.syncrepl : deal with the replication configuration, with a
drag/drop graphical UI to connect servers together

An additional plugin will be added later :
- template.editor : this is not a dedicated Openldap plugin, but a
modified interface to expose entries. We have defined a set of templates
that describe how the entry layout should be, so that entries are not
only exposed in a tabular way. It's more a beautifier than enything
else. The good part is that you can change the template, and you can for
instance make some fields non-modifiable, expose some, or hide others.
For end users that should not change some of the fileds, that could be
useful.

Anyway, there is still some work to do, and I intend to polish those
plugins in the next few weeks.

Note that we should also take care of the eDirectory plugins that we
have received lately.

Thanks ...

Re: [Studio] Addition of new plugins for OpenLDAP

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Nothing I can't move to trunk later. Go ahead !

Le dimanche 22 mars 2015, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> a
écrit :

> On 03/22/2015 11:04 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> >> Sounds great! I'd suggest to wait with the injection will we merged back
> >> the branch back to trunk.
> >
> > Sure. Any expecting date for the merge ?
>
> Soon ;)
>
> I'll test the merge today, If I'm ready and before the merge I'll write
> another mail.
>
> Do you have any outstanding changes to commit?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [Studio] Addition of new plugins for OpenLDAP

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 21/03/15 10:20, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>>

>> Anyway, there is still some work to do, and I intend to polish those
>> plugins in the next few weeks.
> Sounds great! I'd suggest to wait with the injection will we merged back
> the branch back to trunk.

Sure. Any expecting date for the merge ?

>> Note that we should also take care of the eDirectory plugins that we
>> have received lately.
> Yes, true
Same thing, we can wait a bit for this merge.

Re: [Studio] Addition of new plugins for OpenLDAP

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/20/2015 04:04 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> in the past 2 years, Pierre-Arnaud has worked on some OpenLDAP
> configuration plugins for Studio. I intend to inject them into the
> default Studio code base next week.
>
> The following plugins have been developped :
> - openldap.common.ui : a few classes used by all the other OpenLDAP
> dedicated plugins
> - openldap.config.editor : quite similar to the configuration editor
> available for ApacheDS. It deals with the Openldap cn=config partition,
> allowing a user to completely manage the configuration , either with a
> started server or a stopped server (in this case, we process the LDIF
> files on disk)
> - openldap.syncrepl : deal with the replication configuration, with a
> drag/drop graphical UI to connect servers together
>
> An additional plugin will be added later :
> - template.editor : this is not a dedicated Openldap plugin, but a
> modified interface to expose entries. We have defined a set of templates
> that describe how the entry layout should be, so that entries are not
> only exposed in a tabular way. It's more a beautifier than enything
> else. The good part is that you can change the template, and you can for
> instance make some fields non-modifiable, expose some, or hide others.
> For end users that should not change some of the fileds, that could be
> useful.
>
> Anyway, there is still some work to do, and I intend to polish those
> plugins in the next few weeks.

Sounds great! I'd suggest to wait with the injection will we merged back
the branch back to trunk.

> Note that we should also take care of the eDirectory plugins that we
> have received lately.

Yes, true

Kind Regards,
Stefan