Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE)" <st...@hmrcaspire.com> on 2007/09/06 12:28:19 UTC

[users@httpd] problem compiling mod_deflate with SLES10 default zlib.

Hi there,

i have an issue are the moment compiling apache2.2.4 with mod_deflate as a shared module. I have the following configured:

configure.sh:
-------------
has --with-z configure with the path to the zlib.h set as /usr , as the configure process wants to add /include to this path but won't search down into the linux subdirectory to find the zlib.h file.

zlib packages:
--------------
zlib-1.2.3-15.2
zlib-32bit-1.2.3-15.2

The zlib.h comes as part of glibc-devel-2.4-31.2 package and is located in /usr/include/linux

When i run the configure script this complains with the following:

configure:10474: gcc -o conftest  -g -O2 -pthread  -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -I$(top_builddir)/srclib/pcre -I. -I$(top_srcdir)/os/$(OS_DIR) -I$(top_srcdir)/server/mpm/$(MPM_SUBDIR_NAME) -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/http -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/filters -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/proxy -I$(top_srcdir)/include -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/generators -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/mappers -I$(top_srcdir)/modules/database -I/build/apache/httpd-2.2.4/srclib/apr/include -I/build/apache/httpd-2.2.4/srclib/apr-util/include -I/usr/include/include   -L/usr/include/lib conftest.c -lm  -lz >&5
conftest.c:37:18: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory

Has anyone got any pointers for configuring mod_deflate with the SLES10 default zlib?

cheers

Steve

Steve Foster | Capgemini UK | Telford
Shared Technology Services
T. +44 (0) 1952 296664 | www.capgemini.com
Internal: 46664

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.