Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jonathan Colwell <jc...@bea.com> on 2004/10/27 02:06:22 UTC

parameter and result namespaces

Howdy all,

I found that the while the parameter and return value namespaces
specified by OperationDesc.getReturnQName() and ParamDesc.getQName()
would show up the in SOAP messages, the WSDL for my Doc/Lit/Wrapped
service said nothing about them.  Since I'm working on an implementation
of JSR-181 (Web Service Metadata) and that spec dictates that WSDL be
able to display this namespace, I have put together the attached patch
modifying Emitter.java and Types.java in the
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava package.

Within Types.java I have simply overloaded
writeWrappedParameter(Element, String, QName, Class) to take a QName for
the second parameter writeWrappedParameter(Element, QName, QName, Class)
thus preserving compatibility with exiting code.

There was a comment in Emitter.java indicating that the author had
considered using QName rather than just the LocalPart so perhaps there
is a legitimate reason not to use QNames here, but the fix appears to
satisfy what the 181 spec is looking to accomplish.  I have not yet
checked whether other areas of the wsdl.fromJava code could make use of
a similar change and until it is decided that this change is worth
making, there is no sense messing with a bunch of other functions.

thanks,

Jonathan

Re: parameter and result namespaces

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jonathan,

i had to make a few tweaks to prevent NPE's. please check latest axis cvs.

thanks,
dims